Monday, February 8, 2010

There's no business like snow business




31 January – 6 February 2010

This past week was calm and uneventful.  It actually started out with-horror of horrors- Cancelled church.  The roads were too hazardous to venture out so we spent the day singing hymns, praying, and just being good to each other.  Well, maybe some of the other families did that- we sat on the couch and watched the kids fight with one another.  Then I took a nap.  You are supposed to rest on Sunday, right?

The rest of the week wasn’t much different.  I think there were more days off of school than days on.  It is a good thing our house is made of mostly cement, otherwise, the kids probably would have flattened it.  We do have to watch Dustin closely; he has the tendency to reduce even the strongest stone to dust.

Brennan keeps plugging away at school. He really enjoyed the days off though and even dug an igloo out of a huge pile of snow, just like he learned in Boy Scouts.  He would probably live out side in the igloo if we let him.

Isabella continues to have fun at her gymnastics and cheerleading.  She is so petite and cute.  Everyone loves her, so that makes her kind of snotty.  We have to firmly but nicely put her in her place.  Oh the ego on that one.  Luckily she is only snotty to us and nice to everyone else.

Back to Dustin.  He is a mini-me, which makes me realize how big of a dork I am.  He repeats everything I say so I have to be very careful.  He makes us laugh all the time, which really makes me angry. How do you discipline a kid when you are rolling on the floor?  The other day he woke us up wearing a green wig, a purple leotard, a pink tutu and white ballerina shoes.  I think I know where his future job will be.

So that was our uneventful week.  We’ll try harder this week to be more entertaining!


No comments:

Post a Comment