Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's not your father's TV anymore......


As you know, I have taken a few weeks off- and not because I’m lazy.   Well, maybe a little because I’m lazy; but I have been really busy at work.  We’ve had two weeks of exercises where I’ve had to work 12 hours shifts.  Those 12s usually turn into 14 to 16 hour days.  Lots of fun if you ask me!

Luckily, Traci has been keeping herself busy traveling to different stores in Luxembourg and Belgium buying lots of things that don’t fit in our current house.  She also spends a lot of time shepherding the young women at church and having a great time with her friends, who take her shopping.

The kids stay busy at school too.  Brennan’s school just had their “Winter Formal” dance. Honestly?  These kids are 11!  A dance?? No, no, no.  Besides Brennan isn’t interested in that kind of thing….. yet.  Traci decided to have an anti-dance party here at our house.  We had about 6 kids over to make pizzas, eat junk food, play games and watch old episodes of Mr. Bean.  The party was a big hit and there was no adolescent grinding.  Always a plus!

Isabella absolutely loves school and hanging out with her friends.  Everyone loves her and she is nice to every one as well.  She just joined the drama club (I know big surprise) and is going to be in a show called “Blast from the Past.”  I think it is set in the 1980s, which  as you know is the golden age of art, science, FASHION and MUSIC.

School just makes Dustin tired.  When each Friday rolls around he just can’t behave any longer.  It really makes the weekend fun for the rest of us.  Even though he gets tired he still has a quick wit about him.  Today he traced his shoe on a piece of paper, drew eyes and a monster mouth on it, and wrote in a bubble, “How are shoe?”  I couldn’t help but giggle a little bit. He really knows how to disrupt church meetings.

Our time in Germany is keeping us hopping.  Last week we had a big wind storm that knocked our satellite reception off.  I waited a few days, listening to the nagging of her who shall not be named.  Then,  since I couldn’t stand the tears and suffering of a lady and three children without TV- and I am such a great handy man- I climbed onto my landlord’s roof to straighten out the dish (when no one was looking of course!)  What ever I did, it didn’t work.  I thought I had the dish back where is was supposed to be, but I just couldn’t get a good signal.  Hanging my head in defeat I waited for the next chance to get help from Martin (the landlord).  The next morning I rang their door bell and asked for help .  Surprisingly, they had lost satellite reception too (on or about the same time I had “adjusted” the dish). Oops me.  Anyway, Martin has a cousin who knows a thing or two more than I about dishes and cables etc. (plus he has diagnostic tools) came and got us all back on line.  I still haven’t told them that I was the one who knocked their signal out.  I hope they don’t read this letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment